|Mary Seacole building.|
|0161 295 2731|
I started my nurse training in 1985 and qualified as a Mental Health Nurse in 1988. My clinical work was mainly based around acute mental health before focussing on CBT and Family Interventions, which remain as my areas of interest, as well as Technology Enhanced Learning and the use of Social Media in Education.
I joined the University as a Lecturer Practitioner in 2002 and became a full time Lecturer in 2003. I then worked as Programme Leader and Senior Lecturer until 2014 when I became Associate Dean Academic Enhancement, and from September 2016 I have been the Associate Dean Academic Quality Assurance.
I am proud to list the following achievements:-
- 2009 - awarded a teaching excellence award in the first year that the University made the awards available (nominated by students)
- 2012 - awarded a student led teaching award for "Best Personal Tutor" in the first year that the Students Union made the awards available (nominated by students)
- 2013 - awarded a student led teaching award for "Best Personal Tutor" for the second consecutive year (nominated by students)
- 2013 - Vice Cancellor Distinguished Teaching Award (team)
- 2014 - Vice Cancellor Distinguished Teaching Award (team)
- 2015 - Vice Cancellor Distinguished Teaching Award (team)
- 2017 - Vice Chancellor Distinguished Teaching Award (team)
pre registration programmes in mental health nursing